Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Washington Post - Vasquez will test NBA waters

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/terrapins-insider/2009/03/vasquez_plans_to_test_nba_draf.html
No surprise here, and actually great news for any Terp fan that wants to see Vasquez return.

Pay attention to his quotes:

Vasquez said declaring for the draft is a smart move for him because he will be able to see where he stacks up against other top guards across the country, adding: “Just to see where I am at, just to see who is going to be my competition. Probably Jeff Teague [of Wake Forest] will go to the camps because he thinks he is going to be a first-round pick. It will get me better, so if I come back I know what I will have to work on.”

“If I come back, my goal is not going to be just to make the tournament,” Vasquez said. “My goal is to win a national championship. But, in the meantime, we’ve got to get Lance [Stephenson]. With a big-time scorer I can guarantee you a lot of things.”

If the current NBA Mock Drafts are accurate... you would expect him to be told he is a mid-to-late 2nd round pick... and expect him to return to College Park for his Senior Season.


As far as Stephenson... if 'Born Ready' is going to be a Terp along-side of Vasquez, that means a player that can return, would have to leave the program.

The most likely candidate would be Jerome Burney hanging up the sneakers after his latest broken-foot... Goins is another possibility.


See this previous BSL entry for Vasquez's current draft projection:


http://baltimoresportsandlife.blogspot.com/2009/03/will-tomorrow-night-be-greivis-vasquezs.html

No comments:

Post a Comment